Organizing for Social Change
YOU can make a difference in the life of a girl and start a movement wherever you are. What often starts with organizing community meetings, bake sales, penny drives, film screenings, and raffles soon becomes organizing to create spaces for girls on college campuses to combat sexual assault, to change gender-biased dress codes in schools, and to raise the legal age of marriage for girls, as you begin to truly lean into your abilities to organize for change.
Start A Movement
Join the Community
Find a Club near you
Start your own Club
Get Started Center
What do Girl Up Clubs do?
Girl Up Clubs’ passion for gender equality impacts not only the people in their own communities, but girls around the world. As our most active leaders, they organize local events and activities, and participate in action-based Club challenges on issues that intersect with gender equality. With more than 6,000 clubs registered in nearly 150 countries and all 50 U.S. states, Girl Up Clubs are champions for change.
Through organizing, storytelling, advocacy, and fundraising, Girl Up Club members hone the leadership skills needed to transform themselves and make a positive difference in the lives of girls everywhere. Any student – middle school, junior high, high school, homeschooled, or in college – can start a Club.
Why Join a Club?
Make a difference:
- Learn transformational leadership skills to use for social good
- Host school-wide celebrations on key moments during the calendar year like International Day of the Girl or International Women’s Day, for example.
- Plan and execute activities throughout the school year, including as part of our Club Challenges
- Build a Club Coalition to turn your local Club activities into collective action across cities and regions
Commit to uphold a few basic requirements:
- Host at least five Girl Up activities every school year
- Set Club goals and share them with Girl Up
- Complete activity & progress reports
- Recruit new members and build your membership
- Exemplify Girl Up core values in all activities
Registering your Club and Girl Up provides the tools, resources and opportunities you need to succeed:
- Access to the exclusive online Girl Up Community
- A supportive network of like-minded peers from around the world
- Monthly newsletter with resources, updates, and ideas
- Featured Challenges with activity toolkits and fact sheets
- Girl Up Club grants to help you get things done
- Invites to local and national events
- Opportunity to earn points and prizes for your Club
Get inspired, get organized!
Why Join the Community
Make an impact, access exclusive content and be part of global community of changemakers.Register
Get Started Center
We’ve got your back. Clubs are supported every step of the way.Start Today
Find a Club
There are Girl Up Clubs in 150 countries and 50 U.S. States.Join today
Start a Club
Create and lead a new Girl Up Club.Be a Club Leader
Demonstrate your leadership skills and take your activism to the next level.Apply Today