About the Project Awards
Girl Up Project Awards allow anyone between the ages of 13-24 to apply for a cause they are passionate about and receive funding up to $1000 USD to make that vision a reality. Projects are not limited to a certain topic (they can be in any category) and can also include events a club is attempting to put on in their community. If you have an amazing project idea or event in mind and need funding to support that reality, apply for the Project Awards today! Girl Up continues to be committed to supporting youth ideas, dreams, and goals towards gender justice.
Have questions about the application or need the best tips and tricks? Check out our new Project Award Action Resource which includes examples of past Project Awards, past application examples, scoring review guidelines, and resources to help you come up with your project budget, planning timeline, and measurable goals. We highly recommend reviewing this resource before applying to help you put your best foot forward in the application!
Our Project Award program welcomes applications from all young women, including cis and trans young women. We recognize and acknowledge the intersection of gender identities.
Girl Up welcomes applications from all individuals regardless of nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Girl Up Project Awards is seeking changemakers that:
- Are between the ages of 13-24 years old; and
- Have a project idea or event that is seeking funding up to $1,000 USD (please note this can be a project or event in any area or topic!)
Frequently Asked Questions
What questions are asked on the application?
- The first section of the application will ask you for a little more information about yourself!
- The next section of the application will ask you about your Project and Event idea with the following questions:
- What is the title of your project/ event?
- Please provide a brief overview of your project/event.
- When are you planning to host your project/ event? Please include a detailed timeline for your project or event. Including the proposed date of execution for your event/ project.
- What are your goals for your project/ event?
- How will you measure the impact of your project/event?
- Please give an overview of your project/event budget. Including a breakdown of costs that equals up to $1000 USD or less.
Is the application only available in English?
- Yes, the application is only available in English.
How will the application be evaluated?
In Girl Up’s Project Award Application, we use the following markers to review your application
- Commitment to gender justice;
- Projects Commitment to Applicant’s Community and Further Impact;
- Project/event budget; and
- Girl Up’s global commitment
Do I need to be a member of the Girl Up community to apply?
- No, you do not need to have prior involvement with Girl Up to apply.
I am experiencing technical difficulties with the application (e.g. I can’t log in to my application, etc.) How do I fix this?
- For all technical questions and support please firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
What if I have more questions?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting Your Project Award
Upon completion of your Project in your community, you will complete the slide deck attached in the Project Award Resource and in the 2023 Project Award Resources linked here.
The template will ask you about how your project went, the impact you made in your community, what leadership skills you believe improved throughout the completion of your project, etc. At the end, you will be asked if you would like to present this presentation at our end-of-the-year Awards Innovation Lab. This is a great opportunity to present to our entire Girl Up community about your amazing project and improve your public speaking and we are here to help you every step of the way! Please email email@example.com for more information about the end-of-the-year Awards Innovation Lab. You do not have to present if you do not want to, and can also just email your completed presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you are not the presenting type or do not like to create presentations we also offer video options in which you can record a video and send back to the Girl Up Team how your project went! For more information on the video option, please email email@example.com for more information.
2023 Project Award Partners
Interested in sponsoring our next round of Project Awards, attending our end of year Awards Innovation Lab, or just learning more about our Project Award programming?
Please contact our head of Awards and Scholarship programming Alexa at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can answer your questions about our Project Award programming and potential partnerships/ sponsorships.
If you are interested in attending our end of year Awards Innovation Lab to see these projects, we would love to have you so you can see the true impact our awardees make in their community and what a future partnership could look like.