2021 Girl Up Global Fitness Challenge
We’re calling on our global network of leaders, partners, and supporters of all ages to join us in our first virtual Global Fitness Challenge. The Global Fitness Challenge centers wellness in our communities while fundraising to expand refugee girls’ access to education in Ethiopia.
Each Friday in May, Girl Up will be hosting activities, conversations, and fitness challenges led by pro athletes and trainers rooted in Girl Up’s three wellness components: mind, body, and soul. Join us for at least one session each Friday, including our culminating event – a virtual dance party with giveaways on May 28.
Register for our events
Get Moving with…
So what are you waiting for? Join us to sharpen your fundraising skills, empower yourself and your community, and take your activism to the next level! Girl Up’s Global Fitness Challenge is open to people of all ages and genders.
Can’t participate but still want to support our goal of raising $50,000 USD to expand access to education for refugee girls?
Donate to Girl Up!
Don’t forget to share your experience with us on social media using #GirlUp and tagging @girlup (Twitter) and @girlupcampaign (IG).
Your fundraising efforts will help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 in support of girls’ education in Ethiopia.
- $25 can provide refugee girls with the supplies they need to attend school and learn, like stationary and hygiene products
- $50 can supply school uniforms to refugee girls who otherwise wouldn’t be able to go to school without them
- $100 can support sport and recreational activities in 45 schools, ensuring refugee girls have play opportunities and both in-school and out-of-school girls can establish social relationships
- $250 can build more supportive learning environments for girls by funding school and community training to combat sexual and gender-based violence
- $500 can help fund over 50 community advocacy trainings designed to change perceptions and attitudes surrounding girls’ education and increase the number of girls in school
- $1000+ can help build a community care center in Gambella, providing teenage mothers with childcare so that they may continue their studies
Register your team
Take part as an individual or on a team!Register here
Donate to Girl Up
Unable to participate? You can still show your support!Donate today
Check out the Girl Up GFC Toolkit
Learn how to get started today.Download here
- Who can participate in the Global Fitness Challenge?
- Anyone, of any age, from anywhere! We encourage everyone to participate and fundraise, either as an individual or part of a team. Companies should register together as a fundraising team.
- I have a commitment during the Fitness Friday events. Can I complete it another day?
- Yes! Our goal is to have as many people active in their communities each Friday, but we know things come up. You’re welcome to complete your fitness activity on a day that best suits you and relay this commitment to your supporters.
- What are the funds raised for the Global Fitness Challenge going?
- Funds raised from the 2021 Global Fitness Challenge will support Girl Up’s work with UNHCR to increase access to education for refugee girls in Ethiopia.
- I want to support Girl Up’s goal to raise $50,000 USD for refugee girls in Ethiopia. Still, I can’t fundraise or participate in the challenge. How can I help?
- Share on social
- Attend our events
- Commit to donating X amount each month
- Our company cannot participate in the Global Fitness Challenge as a fundraising team, but we still want to support the fundraiser. Can we donate or give an in-kind donation instead?
- Yes! You can donate directly here or email Girl Up’s Digital Fundraising Manager, Jessica Giusti, about in-kind donations. We want to be able to reward everyone who participates with incentives when they hit certain fundraising milestones. Let us know if you would be interested in offering prizes to our community.
- What are some ways people can give?
- Ask people to donate directly through your fundraising page on the Classy platform.
- Ask people to donate on girlup.org/globalfitness, making sure to credit the donation to you or your team in the “in honor of” field.
- Ask supporters to send a check to Girl Up P.O. Box 96820, Washington, DC 20090-6820. In the memo, please have supporters write Global Fitness Challenge with your name or name of your Club, business, or organization in the memo line.