What is Team Girl Up?
Team Girl Up is a running program all about girls’ empowerment. We recruit runners for marathons and half marathons who believe in fighting to achieve gender equality for every girl, everywhere. Our runners know that girls everywhere are powerful, and they are raising funds through their race to advance girls’ rights globally. All fitness levels are welcome with our program, and many participants are first-time marathon runners. Our resources and coaches will help make your race day a success.
Why join Team Girl Up?
Team Girl Up is a passionate community of runners who receive special benefits and support from Girl Up, including:
- Free race entry
- Girl Up’s 4-month marathon and half-marathon training plans
- Team Girl Up fundraising guide and a personalized fundraising page
- Bi-weekly Team Girl Up newsletters with training and fundraising tips
- Access to fundraising and training coaches for personal consulting
- Team Girl Up Dri-FIT race day shirt
- Early notification of upcoming race opportunities with Team Girl Up
What are the requirements to participate?
Members of Team Girl Up are required to:
- Complete registration for an upcoming race as an official Team Girl Up runner
- Commit to raise the amount of money specified for your race, even if you cannot complete the race due to injury. Runners have until one month after race day to meet their commitment.
2022 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
(October 9) Travel through 27 neighborhoods on a flat and fast course that starts and finishes in Grant Park, taking you through one of the world’s most magnificent cities. Runners from all 50 states and more than 100 countries enjoy the support of 1.7 million spectators at this elite race—a favorite among endurance runners. Run for Girl Up in the 2022 Chicago Marathon.
2022 United Airlines NYC Half Marathon
(March 20) The United Airlines NYC Half is back and ready to take you through 13.1 miles of New York City streets on Sunday, March 20. The race will begin in Brooklyn near Prospect Park before taking runners across the East River via the Manhattan Bridge. Once in Manhattan, runners will race along the Lower East Side, up to Midtown, and through Times Square before finishing in Central Park. For more information on joining Team Girl Up, please contact Megan Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you running a race that isn’t on our official race calendar? You can still run on behalf of girls’ empowerment! Sign up for your race and then register with Team Girl Up. The suggested fundraising goal for a full marathon is $1,000 and for a half marathon is $850.