Calling all STEMinists!
Girls and women are underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We’re bridging the gender gap in these fields by inspiring girl leaders to use STEM skills to create solutions to problems in their communities. That’s STEM for Social Good.
of girls think being given equal education in STEM as boys is important
of girls feel they have equal access to STEM
of girls feel they have the opportunity to apply STEM education in their communities
1 in 3
of all students enrolled in STEM-related fields of study globally are female
Girl Up is excited to announce the 2022 STEM for Social Good Virtual Tour
Girl Up’s 2022 STEM for Social Good Tour is live! These FREE two-hour event will provide you with the opportunity to explore your interests in STEM. You can expect to hear from women in STEM, gain an increased understanding of various STEM topics, and develop STEM-centered solutions to issues in your communities for the chance to obtain a $500 grant to implement your project.
These events are open to young leaders ages 13-22 all around the world. Space is limited so make sure to reserve your spot! Event attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
Mark your calendars!
- STEM Bootcamp: Exploring Space – February 25th, 2022
- India STEM Bootcamp: Biased by Design – March 12th, 2022
- Sub-Saharan Africa STEM Bootcamp: Data Analytics – May 13, 2022
- STEM Bootcamp: Artificial Intelligence – June 11th, 2022
- Girl Up Leadership Summit and STEM workshops! – July 13th, 2022
- Mexico STEM Bootcamp: STEM + Menstruation – August 14, 2022
- STEM Bootcamp: Art + STEM – August 27, 2022: Register here!
- MENA STEM Bootcamp: Sustainability, Architecture, and Urban Design – September 10, 2022: Register here!
- Europe STEM Bootcamp: September 24, 2022 – Stay tuned for the registration link!
- India STEM Bootcamp: November 16, 2022 – Stay tuned for the registration link!
- STEM Innovation Lab: December 2022 – Stay tuned for the registration link!
Gen Z is Avidly Interested in STEM.
Unfortunately, there are often significant barriers for girls who want to pursue STEM careers or access STEM education. The goal of STEM for Social Good is to educate and inspire girls everywhere to use STEM skills to promote gender equality and change the world.
We have resources, developed in partnership with Carnegie Science Center, to help girls who are interested in science, technology, engineering, arts and design, and mathematics get started. The activities range in difficulty level making it a great resource for girls with varied experiences in STEM.
Our STEM tours and WiSci camps help make science more accessible to girl leaders.
From worksheets to workshops to international STEAM camps for girls, we’re building up the next generation of STEMinists and problem-solvers, one solution at a time.
STEMinists for Change
Together, we are working hard to create new hands-on opportunities for all the STEMinists out there. Download our STEM For Social Good Toolkit located at the bottom of this page to explore some our STEM activities!
Check out our STEM for Social Good Toolkit tutorial videos here!
Are you interested in STEM for Social Good and don’t know where to start? Look no further!
Apply for a WiSci Camp
WiSci Girls’ STEAM Camps are cross-cultural camps hosted in a new country each year.Learn more
Girl Up STEM Scholarship Fund
Girl Up offers scholarships to young leaders to help bridge the gender gap in STEM!Apply Now
STEM Project Awards
$500 STEM Project Award Applications are now open!Apply Now